Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 1 ~ Assignment 4


~ Just returned from another successful Genre Boot Camp. As usual, the presenters did a fabulous job, and it was a pleasure to participate, explore new titles, and listen to colleagues share their thoughts. It's always fun to read outside of our comfort zone. I definitely felt stretched with the graphic novels.

Now, onto this week's blog assignment. I have chosen for my recommended book link the Daily Beast's book page. I love the feel of this site. With its medley of newsy information, paired with suggested book titles, it is an appealing go-to for journalism and book news.  I'm looking forward to following updates.

For my genre link I chose the science fiction and fantasy site, Locus. I am outside of my box when it comes to sci-fi, so I am looking forward to getting into the nitty gritty of this website and vow to reach beyond Terry Pratchett.

No comments:

Post a Comment