Friday, May 17, 2013

Week 4 ~ Assignment 4


My Read on Goodreads:

Goodreads has been part of my readers' advisory repertoire for several years now. I use it as a repository for what I have read and what I want to read. I maintain numerous lists and categories for  materials. Keeping track of what my "friends" are reading is an added bonus, as I regularly glean suggestions from them. Occasionally I will comment on a title I feel strongly about or respond to a friend's comment.
Recommendations and Listopia links are fun browsing.

Based on Sam O'Heren's reading habits and love of dystopian teen fiction, I suggested Richard Yancey's new YA book, The 5th Wave, about a silent alien invasion that wreaks havoc and unleashes calamities in waves. With a fast-paced, adrenaline-fueled narrative and alternating points of view, this new scifi-esque series will appeal to teens and adults alike. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already on Sam's list.

No comments:

Post a Comment